Traditional architecture of Velebit is also reflected in the construction of sacral objects. Namely, most churches and chapels on Velebit were built similarly to shepherds’ dwellings, as constructions with a single internal space. Sacral objects reflect the importance of livestock breeding for the local population, which can be seen in many wows, some still maintained on the remains of church altars for traditional reasons.
Here are some of the more important sacral objects constructed on the Velebit mountain:
- Sanctuary of St. Mary of Krasno
- St. Rok chapel (Radlovac)
- Chapel of the Heart of Jesus (Brisnica)
- St. Mary’s church (Veliko Rujno)
- St. Francis church (Podprag).